There are a lot of claims made for and against a whole list of ingredients in household products.
One company’s ‘nasties’ can be another one’s ‘nice’. Preferred raw materials can differ from country to country. For some claims the evidence
is clear cut, for others, less so. It can be very confusing for shoppers who are trying to make the best choices for their family and the planet.
At Earthwise we like to keep things simple — you can be sure that:
- We (and our chemists) work hard to keep out harsh chemicals;
- When we make statements about the things our products do and do not contain — we stick to the facts;
- We seek to stay away from anything that figures as a moderate or high hazard on the Environmental Working Group (EWG)
website. Although you may be surprised to know that natural oils like Eucalyptus, Orange, Lemon and Lavender oils, even in their purest forms,
cause concern because they trigger allergies — so we offer fragrance-free alternatives;
- We make our products as gentle as they can be. Much of our laundry range is approved by both Environmental Choice.
Our dish liquids, tablets and powders are going through the same process at the moment and we’re pretty confident they’ll meet the standards. These standards are independently verified, so there’s no room for blurred lines;
- We make it easy for you to check any concerns over the ingredients we use. Just go to the EWG website, type
in the ingredient from our back of pack labels and see for yourself.
- We don’t stir up unnecessary scare stories or hype. We’re content to let our products and transparent approach speak for us. We think our customers are smart enough to notice the difference.
So, here goes:
Earthwise Laundry range – there are no nitrates, chlorinate bleach, or ammonia (bleach) in our household cleaning and laundry ranges. There are no phosphates either but, because most products are now phosphate-free, we don’t make a fuss about it.
Earthwise Body range – our body products are free of sodium laureth sulfate (SLS), sodium lauryl ether sulfate (SLES) and parabens. SLS and SLES are both considered to be skin sensitizers and are found in many personal care ranges.
Finally, household shoppers can buy our products knowing that they are gentle, affordable and trustworthy. We don’t set out to change the world overnight — just one drop at a time.